With the advent of integration platform as a service offerings (PaaS) it may be possible to move our existing integration service to cloud deployment and focus more on administering integrations rather than the middleware that runs these integrations. The limiting factor to date has been security and performance concerns. However, top-tier research and health science center UC San Francisco has recently used MuleSoft CloudHub to build HIPAA complaint integration services. We know it is possible to run our existing OpenEAI integration services within this type of infrastructure, so a feasibility and cost assessment of migration to this platform is desired.
Complete a preliminary security review, HIPAA business associate agreement, and initiate a limited trial service. Document a pattern for running Emory's existing service in CloudHub. Execute a representative migration of sufficient size to estimate the cost and effort to migrate and operate on this platform. Prepare a summary report.
- Preliminary security review (April, May)
- BAA and service agreement (June-September)
- Document migration patterns (October, November)
- Evaluate migration strategies (November, December)
- Implement representative migration (Jauary, February)
- Testing and benchmarking (February, March)
- Final estimation and summary report (April, May)
- Present results (June)
- Follow-up tests, assessment, report updates (July)
This project is presently pending initiation anticipated to complete in August 2015.
There are no known issues at this time.
- CloudHub Feasibility Assessment wiki page (forthcoming)