- commandHere (open a terminal from the current folder) for Mac http://code.google.com/p/cdto/
- open terminal slow? see or just delete log files will speed it up by 'sudo rm /private/var/log/asl/*.asl'
- tortoisesvn for mac http://scplugin.tigris.org/ (to resolve certificate issues: at commandline, '/usr/local/bin/svn list ...'->'(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p'. If still has issues, check the certificate file and make sure it is writable by the user)
- tortoisesvn: we can still use tortoisesvn by "sharing folders" between window and mac (for 1.6.12 version, need to check network drive to show overlayIcon. tortoisesnv 1.7 is Not compatible with 1.6)
- how to switch off "mac OS-X automatic update" see http://switchtoamac.com/guides/mac-os-x/software-update/disable-automatic-updates-in-software-update.html
- delete a file in finder: select the file and cmd+delete
- when open terminal is slow, delete log files will speed it up by 'sudo rm /private/var/log/asl/*.asl'
- subversion 1.7 client is good. See how to install at How to Install Subversion 1.7 client and Subclipse for Mac
- too slow because of too hot: new OS version has a kernel process to slow you down when your computer get too hot. Solution: run an outside fan or use fewer or smaller monitors.
Mac and VMWare
- empty trash quickly: http://superuser.com/questions/40039/quickly-empty-trash-in-mac-os-x
- consolidating snapshots: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1020000